Today Mobile phones are the half soul of every individual and when it comes to Android development or iOS development, businesses often get confused whether they should offer their consumers, a mobile app with superlative User Interface (UI) and outstanding User Experience (UX) or apps that are compatible with multiple platforms and are faster to develop in the first place. And there comes the React Native Development in the picture.
React Native is used to develop application for Android, iOS, Web & UWP by providing services to developers to use React among with native platform capabilities. It was created by Facebook on March26th 2015.
Jordan Walke found a way to generate user interface elements for iOS from a background JS thread.They decided to organise an internal hackathon to perfect this prototype in order to be able to build native applications with this technology.
The working principles of React Native are virtually identical to React except that React Native does not manipulate the Document Object Model via the Virtual document object model. It runs in a background(which interprets the JS written by the developers) directly on the end-device and communicates with the native platform via a serialisation, asynchronous and batchedbridge.
There are some Advantages & Disadvantages of React Native:
- Cross platform Usage: the REACT Native apps can be developed via using a single codebase for both the platforms (Android/iOS).
- Class Perfomance: ability to reuse components and ease to be maintained.
- Improvement: The REACT Native Framework is not flawless as of now and has some glitches that are yet to be addressed
- Technological Edge: Though the REACT Native’s pre-packaged elements set you aside from having much technical advancement, however, you will still need a professional developer to watch out some technical glitches and bugs
- Uncertainty:Since the social media giant Facebook has developed this framework, its existence remained uncertain as Facebook has all the rights to kill off the project anytime. Though with the current popularity of the technology, it is unlikely to happen.
With few disadvantages and loopholes, the REACT Native Framework passes all the tests and hurdles to become the number one choice for almost every React Native Development Company to develop the mobile apps. Last stable version of React was released on August 8th 2019.